Portland Tango Community
I stand for Ukraine
Tango Fundraising For Ukraine
We Have All Seen The Horrific Images. Here Is Something We Can All, As The Portland Tango Community, Do Together To Help!
Organizer: Linda Remes-Machtelinckx
- Some local Ukrainian will join us and share their experience.
WHEN: Saturday, April 2, 2022
WHERE: Dance With Joy Studios in Sellwood. 8051 SE 16th Ave. Portland, OR 97202
TIME: 3 to 6pmDJ: Jerry Wallach
ENTRY Fee/Donation per person: $15 preregistered online/ $20 at the door.
You cannot come but you want to contribute anyway? Donate to Direct Relief.
- Open to all, tango and non-tango participants.
- For the safety of all proof of vaccination is required.
- Face Masks optional, but recommended.
- Light food and non-alcoholic beverages will be available or bring your favorite dish.
All Proceeds will go to
Direct Relief, a highly rated non-profit based in Santa Barbara. They have a link to send medical equipment to Ukraine.
This event is organized by Linda Remes-Machtelinckx, Portland, Oregon with the kind support of and help from some Portland tango teachers and tango community members.
Linda was born and raised in Belgium. Her mother was born in Kamenets-Podolsk (Kam’yanets-Podils’s’kyy), about 450 km from Kiev, Ukraine. After WWII, the Ukrainian side of Linda’s family scattered in Moscow, former Czechoslovakia, Belgium, and France.
Please RSVP Facebook Event
Please, if you are coming RSVP on our Facebook event so we know how many people are planning to join us.
Fundraising for Ukraine
Live Music with Rita Sabler and her orchestra CIAO FELICIA.
Portland tango News: December 2021
Tango is slowly coming back
Tango in Portland seems to be slowly coming back. At least this is what most of us is hoping after two hard years without the possibility to go to our favorite events the Milongas.
To check what is happening in town take a look at the Portland Tango calendar here.
For your convenience this is a not complete list of the currently active events:
- Tuesday pratica at Shabu Studios
- Guided practica at Berretin with Alex Krebs
- Las Naifas Matinee Milonga every second Friday of the Month
- Matinee Saturday Practilonga @ Shabu Studios, every first and third Saturday.
- Milonga at Berretin every first and third Saturday of the month.
- Tango Classes with Elizabeth Wartluft at 700pm every Thursday at Shabu Studios
Note that all the events require proof of vaccination and masks. Enjoy!
If you know of events we have missed please go to Contact.
If you are a local teacher and would like to add your information to this site:
Fill in the following form.
If you are a local organizer and you would like to:
- Promote your event on this site
- Have access to the Portland Tango Community Calendar to schedule events
Fill in the following form.