Fun tango classes with
Portland, OR - April 28th-30th, 2023
Stay tuned for details.
To register, schedule a private lesson, or for more information please contact email email@example.com or 908-787-6752
𝗪𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗼 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝘆 𝗔𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗹𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗼 𝗗𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝗟𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗮
April 28-30, 2023
Tango Classes with Marcelo Gutierrez
From Buenos Aires, Argentina
Marcelo Gutierrez belongs to a unique generation of tango professionals that benefited from studying with old school masters such as the Dinzels, Nito and Elba, the Rivarolas, Teresa Fernández (Todaro system) and from being part of the tango revolution that came to be known as Tango Nuevo.
Marcelo started studying tango in 1998 and received professional training in choreography, modern dance, jazz, and yoga at IUNA (Instituto Universitario Nacional de Arte – Buenos Aires).
For the past 20 years, he has worked on developing and perfecting the teaching system he has become so well-known and respected for; a method focusing on stability, groundedness, comfort, natural body movement, core leading, organic leading and following..etc. Just a few classes with him can drastically improve your dancing and change your entire outlook on tango.
SCHEDULE OF WORKSHOPS with
Fri𝐝𝐚𝐲, April 28th
- 6-7:15pm– All level Chacarera class. In this class we will be covering music, foundation, structure of chacarera, we’ll go over zarandeo and zapateo. Price: 30$ per person
Saturday, April 29th
- 12:00-1:15pm – Class 1: Turns, Pivots, Technique and Sequences. In this class we will focus on three kinds of pivots and how to use them to achieve smooth and clean sacadas and deep pivots. Intermediate level/ 30$ per person
- 1:30 pm-2:45 pm – Class 2: Depth, Width and Space. This workshop will focus on creating new ideas and movements to dance to various music from Pugliese to Biagi. Intermediate level/ 30$ per person Preregistration for Saturday classes is preferred to maintain role balance, drop- ins are welcome!
𝐒𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, April 30𝐭𝐡
- 1:45 pm-4:15 pm – ADVANCE COUPLES ONLY Seminar, pre-registration is required, space is limited to 15 couples. 65$ per person ).
This seminar is designed to challenge our team dance, work on elements such as direction, dynamic (acceleration, deceleration), play with ganchos and small jumps. Please note, it will be a long class and we will work very hard! – let’s rock milonga moves!
Milonga should not be hard and difficult, it could be fun and playful. This is a lesson where we will aim to make our milonga dance much more fun and enjoyable.
Pricing & Registration:
- 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗽 𝗶𝘀 𝟯𝟬$, 𝟮𝟱$ 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗼 𝗼𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲.
- Marcelo Gutierrez will be available for private lessons as well. The price of one private lesson is 100$ plus studio fee, package of 3 private lessons 260$ plus studio fee.
Questions: contact: here
All workshops are held at TANGO Berretin, 6305 SE Foster Rd.
6305 SE Foster Rd.
Portland, OR 97206